The main hall of Kinkaku-ji Temple in winter – image © Damien Douxchamps
You’ll have to be very lucky to catch Kyoto’s Golden Pavilion, or Kinkaku-ji Temple, under a blanket of snow. But, if you do, you can be assured that the vision will stay with you for life.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads