Right in the middle of Kyoto, Nijo-jo Castle is one of the most awe-inspiring sights in the city. You can literally feel the power of the Shoguns there.
Gate at Nijo-jo Castle – image © Damien Douxchamps
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads