Cherry blossoms and garden at Kodai-ji Temple – image © Damien Douxchamps
Just about every temple in Kyoto has some nice cherry trees, but one of my favorites in this season is Kodai-ji Temple, which also has some very interesting gardens, including this one with a dragon back motif.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads