Cherry blossoms in Okazaki – image © Jeffrey Friedl
Some of the best cherry trees in the city can be found in the Okazaki Museum District in Northern Higashiyama. The park behind the Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art is a great place for a small hanami party (cherry viewing party).
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads