Pagoda at Ninna-ji Temple in spring – image © Damien Douxchamps
Some of the longest lasting cherry blossoms in Kyoto can be found at Ninna-ji Temple, in the northwest of the city. If you miss the blossoms elsewhere, give this temple a try.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads