Toji-in Temple garden in late spring – image © Damien Douxchamps
Few visitors ever make it to Toji-in Temple in northwest Kyoto and that’s a shame, because the garden is one of the best in the city. You can easily pair it with a visit to Kinkaku-ji Temple.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads