One of the finest vacation rentals in Kyoto, Koto Inn is a lovingly restored Japanese machiya with all the comforts that Western travelers have come to expect.
For those who want the convenience of having their own house to stay in while exploring the old capital, Koto Inn is the ideal choice. It’s a beautifully decorated and recently restored Japanese house with all the mod cons you’d need, like laundry facilities and a good hot bath/shower unit (as well as air conditioning). Located down a quiet lane only a stone’s throw from Higashiyama subway station and the Okazaki-koen Park Museum district, Koto Inn has a lot to recommend it.
Here’s Koto Inn’s entrance:
Here’s the foyer (genkan):
This is nearby Shirakawa Canal during cherry blossom season:
373 Horiike-cho, Higashiyama-ku
Up to four or five people
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
2min walk from Higashiyama Station, Tozai subway line
Official Website (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads