A family-friendly guesthouse within walking distance of downtown, Sakara Kyoto is a brilliant spot who are looking for a self-contained apartment.
Located in an atmospheric old shotengai (shopping street), Sakara Kyoto is a good spot for travelling families: each room has its own laundry facilities, en suite bath and kitchenette. Best of all, it’s only two minutes’ walk from Higashiyama Station on the Tozai Subway Line.
541-2 Furukawa-cho, Higashiyama-ku
Internet: wifi access
3min walk from Higashiyama Station, Tozai subway line
Official Website (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads