The Gion House is actually a lovely old Gion house that’s been subdivided into two units, each of which is impeccably decorated.
For those who want to the convenience of a vacation rental while in Kyoto, you won’t do better than one of the units in the stylish Gion House, which is just around the corner from Kennin-ji Temple and Hanami-koji Geisha District. Both units have everything you need, including full kitchens, laundry facilities and bathtubs.
563-12 Komatsu-cho, Hanamikoji-sagaru, Gion, Higashiyama-ku
Internet: wifi access
7 min walk from Gion Shijo Station, Keihan line
Official site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads