As a parent of two children, I know the importance of a child-friendly hotel. Here’s a list of the best Kyoto hotels for families that I’ve personally inspected.
Westin Miyako Kyoto:
Sprawling grounds, a swimming pool, large common areas and its own private hiking trail make this a natural choice for families. Read More
Palace Side Hotel
Not too fussy and not too delicate, with a park right across the street, this is a good choice for families. Read More
Citadines Kyoto Karasuma Gojo:
Serviced apartment-style hotels are great for families. Read More
Durable rooms run by people who know how to raise children, the Budget Inn is an economic choice for those travelling with families. Read More
A Japanese-style serviced apartment hotel run by a family with three children, this is another winner for those travelling “with the team.” Read More
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)