If you’d like a Japan expert to help plan your Japan trip or answer your questions about Japan, contact Japan Travel Consulting (JTC). JTC is a team of Japan travel experts who can assist you by Zoom.
About Japan Travel Consulting (JTC)
Japan Travel Consulting (JTC) is a team of Japan travel journalists, long-term Japan residents and travel consultants. JTC is operated by Chris Rowthorn, a 20-year resident of Kyoto and author of 19 Japan guidebooks for Lonely Planet, as well as the co-founder of the Inside Kyoto, Truly Tokyo and Inside Osaka websites.
How It Works
We work by Zoom. A 30-minute Zoom call is usually enough to give you the information and tools you need to plan a truly memorable trip to Japan.
All types of consulting are US$180 per hour.
JTC is not a travel agent. JTC does not sell or book travel, hotels or transport. Rather, JTC gives you the information you need to book the best hotels, ryokan, transport options and guides etc at the best rates.
How To Book A Consultation
Please fill in the form below with as much detail as possible about your requirements. You’ll then be matched up with a travel expert to provide you with the planning you need.
Payment is via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account to make a payment).
"*" indicates required fields
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world