Sennyu-ji Temple garden with fresh green – image © Damien Douxchamps
One of Kyoto’s hidden secrets is the fine garden at Sennyu-ji Temple, in the Southern Higashiyama district. It’s a bit of a hike up there, but you’ll be rewarded by one of the best gardens in the city.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on CheapFlights.com
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads