Ishibei-koji Alley in Southern Higashiyama – image © Damien Douxchamps
One of my favorite pedestrian streets in Kyoto is Ishibei-koji, which is a narrow alley in the Southern Higashiyama District near Kodai-ji Temple.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads