A reasonably priced serviced apartment/hotel a short walk from downtown, Citadines Kyoto Karasuma Gojo is a great choice for families, groups and couples
Located on Gojo-dori Street, a short walk from the Kamo-gawa River and Gojo Subway Station, and a quick bicycle ride from downtown, Citadines Kyoto Karasuma is a strong new entrant in the Kyoto accommodation market. The rooms are spacious and have simple kitchens, which is nice, considering there’s a supermarket very close by, as well as a couple of big convenience stores. This would be a great place for families and small groups.
432 Matsuya-cho, Gojo-dori, Karasuma Higashi iru, Shimogyo-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
1min walk from Gojo Station, Karasuma subway line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)