A true international luxury hotel on the banks of the Kamo-gawa River in the heart of the city, the Ritz-Carlton is easily one of the best hotels in Kyoto.
Ritz Carlton Kyoto
The Ritz-Carlton has the best location of any hotel in Kyoto. It’s a short and scenic walk to downtown Kyoto and the hotel perches right on the bank of the Kamo-gawa River, with an eye-popping view of the entire Higashiyama Mountain Range. The rooms are spacious and well kept, the common areas are elegant and subdued and the restaurants are excellent. The hotel has an air of private luxury that begins as soon as you enter.
Ritz Carlton Kyoto Room Interior
If you’re looking for location and luxury, the Ritz-Carlton is very tough to beat.
For more on the Ritz-Carlton Kyoto, see my longer Ritz-Carlton First Impressions post.
Kamogawa Nijo-Ohashi Hotori
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
A 20-minute taxi ride from Kyoto Station or
a 10-minute walk from Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Tozai subway line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)