Opened in 2016, the Solaria Nishitetsu commands one of the very best locations in all of Kyoto. It’s a stylish hotel with very reasonable rates given the location and quality.
Overlooking the Kamo-gawa River, just a few steps north of Sanjo-dori Street (one of the main strees of downtown Kyoto), this hotel is a fantastic addition to the Kyoto hotel scene. You won’t find a better located hotel in town. And, to sweeten the deal, the hotel has way more style than most other hotels in this price range. Rooms are a touch larger than average business hotels and they’re plenty comfortable for a few days in the Old Capital.
Best of all there’s a gender-segregated public bath with views over the river (and, of course, each guestroom has its own en suite bathroom).
Given the location, the style and the great common bath, this hotel is HIGHLY recommended!
Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Kyoto Premier
509 Kamiosaka-cho, Kiyamachi-dori Sanjo-agaru, Nakagyo-ku
:: Check availability and pricing for the Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Kyoto Premier on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
1-minute walk from Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station Exit 1, Tozai subway line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world