One of the most incredible sights in Japan is the Yuki-no-Otani, or Great Snow Valley, on the Kurobe-Tateyama Alpine Route in Toyama Prefecture. The snow piles up to 19 metres deep here. Even in June (when I was there), the snow is WAY overhead.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads