Jizo at Otaginenbutsu-ji Temple image © Jeffrey Friedl
Gregarious Jizo figures at Otaginenbutsu-ji Temple in Western Kyoto. Jizo is the Bodhisattva who protects travelers and children.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads