Starting in mid-February and running until early March, the plums in Kyoto burst into beautiful blossom. The plum garden (Bai-en) at Kitano-Tenmangu Shrine in northwest Kyoto is the best place to see them.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads