If you’re in need of something for your Mac or a whole new Mac, then head to Apple Kyoto. It’s right downtown on Shijo, in the heart of Kyoto’s shopping district.
Apple store exterior – image © Chris Rowthorn
Opened in 2019, Apple Kyoto is a sleek new addition to Kyoto’s most fashionable shopping street: Shijo-dori. It’s got everything you’d expect from an Apple store, including hip sales staff, many of whom speak English.
Apple store interior – image © Chris Rowthorn
Even if you’re not in need of any Mac products, it’s a nice stop on a tour of downtown, especially on a hot summer day.
Name in English:
Name in Japanese:
83-1 Tachiurinakano-cho, Shijo-dori-Takakura-higashiiru, Shimogyo-ku
1min walk from Karasuma Station Exit 14, Hankyu line or Shijo Station, Karasuma subway line
Official Website (Japanese)
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world