If you’re in need of something for your Mac or a whole new Mac, then head to Apple Kyoto. It’s right downtown on Shijo, in the heart of Kyoto’s shopping district.
Apple store exterior – image © Chris Rowthorn
Opened in 2019, Apple Kyoto is a sleek new addition to Kyoto’s most fashionable shopping street: Shijo-dori. It’s got everything you’d expect from an Apple store, including hip sales staff, many of whom speak English.
Apple store interior – image © Chris Rowthorn
Even if you’re not in need of any Mac products, it’s a nice stop on a tour of downtown, especially on a hot summer day.
Name in English:
Name in Japanese:
83-1 Tachiurinakano-cho, Shijo-dori-Takakura-higashiiru, Shimogyo-ku
1min walk from Karasuma Station Exit 14, Hankyu line or Shijo Station, Karasuma subway line
Official Website (Japanese)
Near To Here:
Apple Kyoto is located in Kyoto’s Downtown district. See our complete list of things to do in Downtown Kyoto, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world