October 2022: Please note Aranvert Hotel Kyoto has now permanently closed. Please see our Central Kyoto page for other places to stay in the area.
The Aranvert Hotel Kyoto is an excellent and reasonably priced business hotel in central Kyoto, very close to a subway station. The large public baths on the top floor are a huge selling point.
If you’re looking for good value in central Kyoto, the Aranvert Kyoto Hotel is a great choice. It’s a standard business hotel with small but clean and well-equipped rooms. The thing that really sets this place apart are the large public baths on the top floor (with views down to Kyoto Station). They are segregated by gender and are perfect for relaxing in after a long day of sightseeing. And, of course, there are also en suite bathrooms in every room. The hotel is only 1-minute walk from Gojo Station on the Karasuma subway line, which gives you easy access to most of Kyoto. It’s a great choice in the budget to moderate price bracket.
179 Higashi Kazariya-cho, Gojo-dori, Shimogyo-ku
Price: Budget to Moderate
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
1min walk from Gojo Station, Karasuma subway line
Official Website Aranavert Hotel (English)
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world