One of the finest riverside ryokan in Arashiyama, this traditional spot is a great place for those who want to be based in Arashiyama.
With a fine riverside location and gracious customer service, the Arashiyama Benkei is a brilliant ryokan located within easy walking distance of the main tourist district of Arashiyama. Some dining rooms have picture-window views of the forested slopes of the Arashiyama Mountains and the Hozu-gawa River.
34 Susukinobana-cho, SagaTenryu-ji, Ukyo-ku
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
6min walk from Arashiyama Station, Keifuku Arashiyama line
Check availability and pricing for Arashiyama Benkei at Booking.com and Agoda.com
Official Website (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world