The view is the real draw at this simple riverside noodle and rice restaurant on the edge of the Arashiyama tourist district.
The food is good enough, but the stunning view is the real reason why many travellers make their way to Arashiyama Yoshimura. If you’re really lucky, you can snag a seat right at the window, in which case your eyes will be filled with the beauty of the Hozu-gawa River and the Arashiyama Mountains.
Togetsu-kyo kita, Ukyo-ku
Non-smoking area:: Yes
3min walk from Arashiyama Station, Keifuku Arashiyama line
Official Website (Japanese)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on CheapFlights.com
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads