The brand-new Best Western is an excellent mid-range hotel located in the heart of Kyoto’s downtown shopping district.
Still new enough to be crisp and clean, the Best Western is one of the few hotels that have managed to squeeze themselves into the busy downtown shopping district of Kyoto. It’s just a short walk from the Shinkyogoku Shopping Arcade, Kawaramachi-dori, and two or three train and subway stops. The rooms are slightly larger than average for hotels in this class and they’re in excellent condition. It’s highly recommended for those who demand to be right in the heart of the action.
457 Matsugae-cho, Kawaramachi-dori, Rokkaku nishi iru, Nakagyo-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
5min walk from Sanjo Station, Keihan Line or Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Tozai subway line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)