May 2023: Please note this branch of Bic Camera is now permanently closed. Please see Yodobashi Camera in the Kyoto Station area instead.
Bic Camera is the best electronics/camera/computer shop in all of Kyoto, and it’s only a few steps from the station.
Directly connected to the Kyoto Station Building (it’s even got it’s own exit from the JR platforms), Bic Camera is the top place in Kyoto to buy electronics, cameras, phones and computer goods. It’s also a good place to pick up a B-Mobile Sim Card for your tablet or smartphone. There’s just one caveat here: Most of the electronics and cameras here are for the domestic market (meaning the buttons etc are in Japanese and they won’t come with an English operating manual). Still, a lot of the stuff (like memory sticks etc) is language-neutral, so it doesn’t really matter. There are usually a few English-speaking staff on hand.
927 Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Shimogyo-ku
Compact digital camera from around \7,000
Connected to JR Kyoto Station via the Nishinoto-in gate
Official Website (Japanese)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Near To Here:
Bic Camera is located in Kyoto Station area. See our complete list of things to do in Kyoto Station area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world