A truly sublime luxury hotel in the Southern Higashiyama area of Kyoto, the Four Seasons Kyoto is a top choice for a relaxing Kyoto stay.
Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto
Located at the southern end of the Southern Higashiyama sightseeing district, the Four Seasons, which opened in 2016, is one of the finest hotels in the city. The rooms are immaculate and spacious and the grounds are sumptuous, with a wonderful pond that is visible from many of the guest rooms. The on-site restaurants are fantastic and the staff is extremely helpful.
The hotel is within walking distance of the Kyoto National Museum and Sanjusangen-do Temple, among other sights. And, it’s a short 10-minute taxi ride to the other main sights of the Southern Higashiyama district.
All told, the Four Seasons is highly recommended!
Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto Room Interior
445-3 Myohoin Maekawa-cho Higashioji-dori Shibutani-sagaru, Higashiyama-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
10-minute taxi ride from Kyoto Station or
Bus No 100 or 206 from Kyoto Station then 5-minute walk
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth itfor you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world