The brand-new Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto Shijokarasuma is a brilliant new midrange business hotel within walking distance of downtown.
Hotels don’t come much newer than this recently opened hotel on Karasuma-dori. Nor, for that matter, do they come with names that are much harder to say. Still, if you can get over that, the Roynet is a great value. The rooms are all still in excellent condition, the common areas are stylish, and you’re within a few minutes’ walk of two subway stations. If you feel like walking, about 10 minutes will bring you to the downtown shopping and entertainment district.
678 Omandokorocho, Shimogyo-ku
Internet: LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
1min walk from Shijo Station, Karasuma subway line or Karasuma Station, Hankyu line
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)