Right in the heart of the downtown Kyoto shopping district, the Gracery is a well-run moderate hotel with small but comfortable rooms and everything you need for a short stay.
Divided into two buildings alongside the Shinkyogoku Shopping Arcade right in the heart of downtown Kyoto, this new hotel has small but efficient rooms, a friendly staff and touches of Japanese style in common areas. There’s a good on-site restaurant that serves a filling breakfast, either Western or Japanese. It’s a great way to start the day.
So, if you want to be right in the heart of the action and want a good value hotel, you won’t go wrong with this excellent little hotel. It’s recommended.
Hotel Gracery Kyoto Sanjo
420 Sakurano-cho, Rokkaku-dori Teramachi-higashiiru, Nakagyo-ku
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
5-minute walk from Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station Exit 5, Tozai subway line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth itfor you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world