A standard business hotel on the south side of Kyoto Station, the Hotel Keihan Kyoto is worth a shot if other places are full.
In most people’s eyes, the south side of Kyoto Station is the “wrong” side of the station, and from the perspective of sightseeing, they’re right – in order to explore the city, you have to cut through the station to get to the bus terminal on the north side (or, at the very least, get underground to the subway system). The Hotel Keihan Kyoto is on the south side of the station and it’s got little to distinguish it from other business hotels in the area. In fact, given it’s somewhat inconvenient location and slightly dated rooms, one wonders why the rooms aren’t a bit cheaper. Still, the location isn’t all that bad and if all else is full, this isn’t a bad place to lay your head.
Name in English:
Hotel Keihan Kyoto
Name in Japanese:
31 Higashikujo-Nishisanno-cho, Minami-ku
Internet: free wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
1min walk from JR Kyoto Station Hachijo Higashi gate
:: Check availability and pricing for Hotel Keihan Kyoto on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Official site (English by machine translation)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Station Area Recommendations
See my complete list of hand-picked recommendations for the Kyoto Station Area, including things to do, places to eat and places to stay.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world