K’s House is a popular budget guesthouse/hotel near Kyoto Station. It’s a sociable place that might just remind you of an Australian backpacker’s guesthouse.
Based on the sociable and inexpensive guesthouses found in Australia and New Zealand, this popular guesthouse/hotel is a sociable and inexpensive place to stay, hang out and meet other travelers. There’s a mix of dorm rooms and simple but serviceable private rooms, as well as large common areas, and even an on-site restaurant and bar (something of a rarity in Japanese guesthouses). As you might expect, K’s House has everything a backpacker might need, from laundry, to wifi, to a friendly English-speaking staff (most of whom have done their share of backpacking). And to top it all off, K’s House can help arrange onward travel around the country at rock-bottom prices and they can book you into other K’s House branches in places like the Mt. Fuji region, Tokyo and Takayama.
418 Naya-cho, Dotemachi-dori, Shichijo agaru, Shimogyo-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
15min walk from JR Kyoto Station Karasuma central gate
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
See my complete list of hand-picked recommendations for the Kyoto Station Area, including things to do, places to eat and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)