The Mondonce is an apartment-style hotel with spacious rooms that are perfect for families and small groups. With kitchens, washers/dryers and dining areas, the rooms here will feel a bit like home.
Hotel Mondonce Japanese-style family room
Hotel Mondonce Kyoto Gojo At A Glance
- Great for: families, small groups, couples
- Strong points: kitchen and laundry facilities in rooms, spacious rooms, reasonable rates
- Sample rates: from US$150 to $350 per night
Hotel Mondonce family room
Located about 15 minutes’ walk from the downtown core, the Mondonce is a small-ish hotel with rooms that feel more like serviced apartments. They’ve got everything you need for a comfortable stay in Kyoto, especially for families. We particularly like the Japanese-style family rooms.
Hotel Mondonce exterior
Unlike many apartment-style hotels, the Mondonce has a 24-hour front desk and staff are helpful.
Hotel Mondonce room with kitchen and dining area
Given the reasonable rates, relatively convenient location and home-style comforts, the Mondonce is a great choice for families and friends.
Name in English:
Hotel Mondonce Kyoto Gojo
Name in Japanese:
228-1 Tawaraya-cho, Sakaimachi-dori-Gojo-agaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 600-8070
Price range: moderate
5 minutes’ walk from Gojo Station (exit 1) of Subway Karasuma Line
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world