An inexpensive new hotel within walking distance of downtown Kyoto, the Hotel Sunroute Kyoto offers great value for the money.
Located on Kawaramachi-dori Street, a few blocks south of Kyoto’s main shopping district, the Hotel Sunroute Kyoto is part of a successful Japanese chain that specializes in deluxe business hotels. Rooms are slightly larger than you’d expect for a business hotel and they’re fitted out with everything you need. In front of the hotel you’ll find Kawaramachi-dori Street, which offer direct access to the main shopping, dining and entertainment district of downtown, while behind the hotel you’ll find the atmospheric Kiyamachi Lane, which is one of the more attractive lanes in the city for strolling, especially during cherry blossom season.
406 Nambamachi, Kawaramachi-dori, Matsubara sagaru, Shimogyo-ku
Internet: Wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
5min walk from Kiyomizu Gojo Station, Keihan line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)