A reasonably priced business hotel close to the south exit of Kyoto Station, the Kyoto Hotel Vista is a decent choice for travelers who need to be near to Kyoto Station.
Directly across the street from the south (Hachijo-guchi) exit of Kyoto Station, the Kyoto Hotel Vista is a typical business hotel: small but efficient rooms with everything you need at a reasonable price. While we would prefer to be on the north side of the station if staying in this area, this is a perfectly serviceable choice, especially if you are taking the airport limousine bus to Kansai International Airport or Osaka’s Itami Airport (the main stop is right nearby).
47 Higashi-kujo-kamitonoda-cho, Minato-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
2min walk from JR Kyoto Station Hachijo gate
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
See my complete list of hand-picked recommendations for the Kyoto Station Area, including things to do, places to eat and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)