The Hyatt Place Kyoto is a good mid-range hotel with a convenient location almost directly above a subway station and within walking distance of downtown and the Kyoto Imperial Palace Park.
Kyoto Hyatt Place exterior
Hyatt Place Kyoto At A Glance
- Great for: couples, small families
- Strong points: close to park and transport, reasonable rates, laundry facilities
- Sample rates: from US$150 to $350 per night
A moderately priced offering from the Hyatt brand, this hotel offers relatively standard-issue rooms that will fit the bill for couples and families just looking for a solid base for exploring Kyoto. The laundry facilities will be appreciated by those on longer trips.
The hotel offers easy access to the Karasuma Line subway, which will get you Kyoto Station in minutes. And if you need a break from asphalt and concrete, the wonderful Kyoto Imperial Palace Park is a short walk away.
If you’re looking for a good standard hotel with a convenient location and affordable rates, the Hyatt Place is one to consider.
Name in English:
Hyatt Place Kyoto
Name in Japanese:
ハイアット プレイス 京都
240 Shoshoi-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 604-0862
Price range: moderate
Directly connected to Marutamachi Station (exit 6) of Subway Karasuma Line
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world