Kifune-jinja Shrine (also known as Kibune-jinja) is the main sightseeing attraction in the quaint village of Kibune.
The approach to Kifune-jinja Shrine (or Kibune-jinja Shrine) is impossibly atmospheric – a lovely flight of stone steps lined with red lanterns. The main buildings are attractive, but it’s really the setting here that makes the magic. Don’t miss this lovely little shrine as your tour the beautiful hamlet of Kibune. It’s about midway along the village.
Name in English:
Name in Japanese:
180 Kurama-Kibune-cho, Sakyo-ku
Non-smoking area: Yes
5min walk from Kibune Bus Stop, Kyoto Bus 33 from Kibune-guchi Station, Eizan line
Official site (Japanese)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads