If you need a quick meal when exploring the Umekoji-koen Park area, this excellent ramen restaurant is a great choice.
Kobushi Ramen exterior – image © Chris Rowthorn
After checking out the Kyoto Railway Museum in Umekoji-koen Park, this restaurant is the perfect place to refuel. There’s a wide variety of ramen on offer and the picture menu makes ordering a snap.
One of the restaurant’s most famous dishes is the “dry” tantanmen, which are spicy noodles served without soup (Y900). If that doesn’t sound good, there are plenty of more conventional types of ramen available.
Kobushi Ramen – image © Chris Rowthorn
1-16, Sujaku Shokaicho, Shimogyo-ku
11:30am – 2:30pm and 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Non-smoking area: Yes
20min walk from Kyoto Station
Bus No 205 or 208 from Kyoto Station to the Umekoji-koen-mae bus stop
Read customer reviews of Kobushi Ramen on Tabelog.
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)