Komichi is the best restaurant/cafe on the tourist route in Arashiyama for a light meal or a hot or cold drink.
While it’s not all that much to look at, Komichi can be a sight for sore eyes when you’re tramping along the Arashiyama tourist trail on a hot or cold day. In addition to all the usual Japanese café drinks, you can get light meals of noodles and rice.
23 Ojoin-cho, Nison-in Monzen, Saga, Ukyo-ku
9am-5:30pm during autumn foliage season
Closed Wednesday except for October and November
Closed Wednesday and either Tuesday or Thursday during winter
Non-smoking area:: Yes
20min walk from Arashiyama Station, Keifuku Arashiyama line
Official Website: None
Read customer reviews of Komichi on TripAdvisor
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads