The Kyocera Gallery (formerly Kyocera Museum of Art) is a small museum in southern Kyoto that showcases the history and products of Kyocera Corporation and also hosts ever-changing shows of art.
Kyocera Gallery (formerly Kyocera Museum of Art) Exterior – image © Chris Rowthorn
If you happen to find yourself down in Fushimi-ku Ward, perhaps to visit the Antique Grand Fair at Pulse Plaza next door, you might drop into this small but interesting gallery. The Kyocera Corporation is one of Kyoto’s (and Japan’s) most dynamic corporations, and the history of the company and their products is surprisingly engaging and well presented. In addition to corporate history, the gallery downstairs hosts a variety of changing shows. Check the website (below) to see what’s on while you are in time.
Kyocera Gallery (formerly Kyocera Museum of Art) Interior – image © Chris Rowthorn
Kyocera Gallery (formerly Kyocera Museum of Art)
6 Takeda-tobadono-cho, Fushmi-ku
Closed Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
Non-smoking area: Yes
1-minute walk from Kyoto Pulse Plaza and Kyocera Bus Stop, Rakunan Express (R’EX) Bus from Kyoto Station Hachijo-guchi Exit or 15-minute walk from Takeda Station west exit, Karasuma subway line and Kintetsu line
:: Check availability and pricing for hotels in Kyoto on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Official Website (Japanese)
Near To Here:
Kyocera Gallery is located in Kyoto Station area. See our complete list of things to do in Kyoto Station area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world