The Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo is a classy business hotel just on the south side of Downtown Kyoto. A few interesting touches elevate the hotel above standard business hotel class.
I’ve always like the Mitsui Garden chain. While they can probably best be described as business hotels, they have several interesting touches that separate them from most of their competition in this class. Common areas are fairly stylish here. The location, while not quite as convenient as the Sanjo branch of this hotel chain, is still quite convenient, being just a short stroll from the main shopping district of Shijo-dori (and very close to a subway and train station). In addition to en suite baths in every room, there’s are large public baths for men and women in the hotel, allowing you to try the Japanese bathing experience, a big plus in my mind.
Name in English:
Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo
Name in Japanese:
707-1 Myodenji-cho, Shijo-sagaru, Nishinotoin-dori, Shimogyo-ku
Internet: free wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
6min walk from Karasuma Station Exit 26, Hankyu line or Shijo Station Exit 2, Karasuma subway line
Official site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- Get travel insurance for Japan - World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)