Not to be confused with the more famous Westin Miyako Hotel, the New Miyako Hotel, which is located on the south side of Kyoto Station, is a cheap, serviceable business hotel.
Sure, it’s on the “wrong” (ie, south) side of Kyoto Station, and popular with tour groups, but the New Miyako does offer you decent hotel rooms at rates that don’t differ that much from guesthouse rates. Perfect for early morning train departures (it’s near both JR Kyoto Station and Kintetsu Kyoto Station), the Miyako is a standard-issue business hotel that’s been slugging it out in Kyoto for years. It’s not that convenient for sightseeing, but, in fact, 10 minutes of walking brings you to the Kyoto Station bus terminal and the subway is only steps away.
Name in English:
New Miyako Hotel
Name in Japanese:
17 Nishikujo-In-machi, Minami-ku
Internet: free wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
2min walk from JR Kyoto Station Hachijo Nishi gate
Official site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
See my complete list of hand-picked recommendations for the Kyoto Station Area, including things to do, places to eat and places to stay.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world