Located at the southwest corner of the Kyoto Imperial Palace and directly above Marutamachi subway station, the Noku Hotel Kyoto is a smart and comfortable boutique hotel.
If you’re looking for location and style, the Noku Hotel Kyoto is a great choice. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown but, more importantly, it’s right at the southwest corner of the Kyoto Imperial Palace Park, so you can start or end each day with a relaxing stroll in the park. It’s also directly above Marutamachi Station on the Marutamachi subway line, which gives you easy access to many parts of Kyoto.
The Noku is one of the few boutique hotels in Kyoto and it’s got style to spare. Rooms and common areas are decorated with a colorful modern take on Japanese style. The overall feeling is clean and light. There’s a decent restaurant on the ground floor that would be good for business and casual meetings.
Overall, the Noku is a smart new addition to the Kyoto hotel scene.
205-1 Okuracho, Marutamachi-dori Nishi-iru, Nakagyo-ku
:: Check availability and pricing for the Noku Hotel Kyoto on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
30-second walk from Marutamachi Station on the Karasuma subway line
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world