Looking for a bite to eat near Ginkaku-ji Temple? Here are some good restaurants near the “Silver Pavilion” and the north end of the Path of Philosophy.
Ginkaku-ji Temple: gowithstock / Shutterstock.com
There are a few restaurants on the hill leading up to Ginkaku-ji, but they’re mostly snack joints. For proper sit-down meals, try one of the following:
- Omen Ginkaku-ji Branch
This fantastic udon specialist is just down the hill and around the corner from Ginkaku-ji.
- Daigin Shokudo
This is straight down the hill from Ginkaku-ji, just before you get to Imadegawa-dori and the bus stop. It’s a classic old-school shokudo that serves a variety of Japanese set meals, as well as some noodle dishes.
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world
Ginkaku-ji Temple is located in Kyoto’s Northern Higashiyama district. See our complete list of things to do in Northern Higashiyama, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.