With a fantastic location right in the heart of downtown Kyoto, the Royal Park is an efficient and reasonably priced business hotel perfect for a short stay in Kyoto.
Located right on Sanjo-dori, between Kawaramachi-dori and the Kamo-gawa River, this hotel is right in the heart of Kyoto’s dining, entertainment and shopping district.
It’s not a luxury hotel, so don’t expect a gym or spa, but if you’re just looking for a comfortable room and reasonable rates, this hotel is sure to please.
There’s a bakery right downstairs (someone can dash down for breakfast) and for your other meals, there are literally hundreds of choices within easy walking distance.
It’s a solid mid-range value and it’s recommended.
Royal Park Hotel The Kyoto
ロイヤルパークホテル ザ 京都
74 Nakajima-cho, Sanjo-dori Kawaramachi-higashiiru, Nakagyo-ku
Internet: wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
3-minute walk from Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Tozai subway line or 3-minute walk from Sanjo Station, Keihan line
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)