The Super Hotel chain specializes in no-frills hotels with small rooms and small prices to match and this downtown branch is no exception.
Located right in the heart of the Downtown Kyoto shopping district (a stone’s throw from Nishiki Market, Takashimaya Department Store and a train station or two), the Super Hotel is the closest thing you’ll find to a fully automated hotel in Japan. Don’t expect much in terms of staff or smiles, but do expect tiny rooms. The plus, of course, is the very reasonable price and the killer downtown location. If all you need is a place to lay your head at night and you can’t face the unwashed masses at a guesthouse, this might do the trick.
Name in English:
Super Hotel Kyoto Shijo Kawaramachi
Name in Japanese:
538-1 Nakano-cho, Shijo-agaru, Shinkyogoku-dori, Nakagyo-ku
Price: cheap to moderate
Internet: free LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
3min walk from Kawaramachi Station Exit 4, Hankyu line
:: Check availability and pricing for Super Hotel Kyoto Shijo Kawaramachi on Agoda.com.
Official site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world