October 2022: Please note Tochigiku has now permanently closed. Please see our Kibune page for other places to eat in the village.
An elegant riverside restaurant in Kibune, Tochigiku is a great spot for lunch after hiking across the mountain.
With choices that include beef and chicken sukiyaki and kaiseki sets, Tochigiku is a good choice for those who fancy a meal before heading back to Kyoto.
For more Kyoto sukiyaki choices, see our Best Sukiyaki in Kyoto page.
17 Kibune-cho, Kurama, Sakyo-ku
Non-smoking area: Yes
5min taxi ride from Kibune-guchi Station, Eizan line
Official Website (Japanese)
Near To Here:
Tochigiku is located in Kyoto’s Kurama and Kibune district. See our complete list of things to do in Kyoto’s Kurama and Kibune district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy – here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world