A very good value in the business hotel space, the Toyoko Inn Kyoto Gojo-Karasuma is one of the cheapest business hotels in town.
If you know the national Toyoko Inn chain, then you’ll know what to expect from this Kyoto branch: a small but efficient room with everything you need and an extremely reasonable rate. Despite the low price, all kinds of perks are included, like a simple breakfast and free nationwide telephone calls. This one is located on Karasuma-dori, roughly between Kyoto Station and Downtown Kyoto. Some have complained about thin walls and lack of wifi in rooms (there’s only LAN cable access), but at these prices? Come on!
Name in English:
Toyoko Inn Kyoto Gojo-karasuma
Name in Japanese:
393 Gojokarasuma-cho, Matsubara-sagaru, Karasuma-dori, Simogyo-ku
Price: cheap to moderate
Internet: free wifi and LAN cable access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
3min walk from Gojo Station Exit 2, Karasuma subway line
Official site (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads