Here’s a list of Kyoto hotels with free wifi. While it’s common to find free internet in hotel rooms using a LAN cable, free hotel wifi is surprisingly hard to find.
Note: Most hotels in Japan offer free in-room internet access for their guests. However, this is usually in the form of a LAN cable, so if your computer doesn’t have a LAN port (Macbook Air and iPad, I’m talking to you), you’ll be out of luck if you’re hotel doesn’t have wi-fi. Also note that almost no hotels in Japan have in-room wi-fi. The ones listed here have free wi-fi in their lobbies. Note to Japan hoteliers: it’s time to catch up with the rest of the world and start offering free in-room wi-fi as a standard feature of your hotels!
Kyoto Hotels with Free Wi-fi:
More Kyoto Hotels info:
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Check availability and pricing for Kyoto hotels at Agoda.com
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels In Kyoto
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid-Range Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hostels and Guesthouses
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Ryokan In Kyoto
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)