When we started InsideKyoto, free wifi was relatively rare in Kyoto. Now, almost all hotels and ryokan offer free wifi. For some useful information on hotels, ryokan and internet in Kyoto, read on.
Ritz Carlton Kyoto Room room interior
Our Top Hotel Picks in Kyoto
Information About the Best and Most Convenient Neighborhoods
Our Top Ryokan Picks in Kyoto
Our Top Machiya Picks in Kyoto
Our Top Vacation Rental Picks in Kyoto
Useful Kyoto Internet and Wifi Information
Kyoto Hotel Guide
- Where To Stay In Kyoto
- The Best Places To Stay In Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Sightseeing
- Kyoto Hotels Overview
- Best Luxury Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Mid Range Hotel in Kyoto
- Best Budget Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Kyoto Hotels For Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Kyoto
- Best Value Hotels in Kyoto
- Kyoto Ryokan
- Kyoto Vacation Rentals
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)