For a quick cup of coffee or tea, a pastry, or a light meal, drop into Vermillion Café. It’s on the main street right outside Fushimi-Inari-Taisha Shrine.
Vermillion exterior – image © Chris Rowthorn
Vermillion is a hip, modern café just steps from the main gate of Fushimi-Inari. It’s a good place for an espresso or a cut of hot matcha. There’s a full English menu with some pictures, so ordering is a breeze. Some of the servers also speak English. You can sit at the counters or table, or take your drink to go.
Vermillion interior – image © Chris Rowthorn
It’s on the main street, just north of JR Inari Station.
Vermillion menu – image © Chris Rowthorn
Note that Vermillion has another branch up on Fushimi Mountain.
Name in English:
Vermillion – cafe.
Name in Japanese:
5-31 Fukakusa-kaidoguchi-cho, Fushimi-ku
Non-smoking area: completely non-smoking
7min walk from Fushimi Inari Station, Keihan line
8min walk from Inari Station, JR Nara line
Official site (English and Japanese)
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)