A vast electronics/camera/computer shop on the doorstop of Kyoto Station with rock-bottom prices and a huge selection of goods.
Just a few minutes’ walk directly north of Kyoto Station on Karasuma-dori Street, this enormous electronics and camera emporium gives nearby Bic Camera a run for its money. While we prefer Bic Camera because it’s a lot easier to navigate, Yodobashi has some great deals and a good selection of restaurants on the 6th floor.
590-2 Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Karasuma-dori, Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku
Compact digital camera from around \7,000
5min walk from JR Kyoto Station Karasuma central gate
Official Website (Japanese)
Where Is This Place Located?See these places on our Kyoto Google map:
- Open the Kyoto map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads