If you need a pick-me-up while exploring Arashiyama, head to this stylish and airy coffee shop on the banks of the Hozu-gawa River.
% Arabica Arashiyama interior © ladyous
The Arashiyama branch of Kyoto’s artisanal % Arabica chain occupies a superb position overlooking the Hozu-gawa River, just upstream from the Togetsu-kyo Bridge. The coffee is some of the best in the city and the location is great. There’s only a tiny outside sitting area, but that hardly matters when you can just carry your cup to the riverside and enjoy it while watching the boats float by.
In case you’re wondering, the name is pronounced ‘Percent Arabica’.
3-47, Sagatenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku
Non-smoking area: Yes
5 min walk from Arashiyama Station, Keifuku Arashiyama line
15 min walk from Arashiyama Station, Hankyu railway
Website: Official Website
Read customer reviews of % Arabica Arashiyama on TripAdvisor
Near To Here:
% Arabica Arashiyama is located in Kyoto’s Arashiyama district. See our complete list of things to do in Kyoto’s Arashiyama district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Kyoto guide
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Kyoto
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto) or Tokyo's Narita Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's my explanation of why it's worth it
- A prepaid Icoca card makes travelling around Kyoto easy - here's how.
- Get travel insurance for Japan - we recommend World Nomads (and here's why)