If you need a pick-me-up while exploring Arashiyama, head to this stylish and airy coffee shop on the banks of the Hozu-gawa River.
% Arabica Arashiyama interior © ladyous
The Arashiyama branch of Kyoto’s artisanal % Arabica chain occupies a superb position overlooking the Hozu-gawa River, just upstream from the Togetsu-kyo Bridge. The coffee is some of the best in the city and the location is great. There’s only a tiny outside sitting area, but that hardly matters when you can just carry your cup to the riverside and enjoy it while watching the boats float by.
In case you’re wondering, the name is pronounced ‘Percent Arabica’.
3-47, Sagatenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku
Non-smoking area: Yes
5 min walk from Arashiyama Station, Keifuku Arashiyama line
15 min walk from Arashiyama Station, Hankyu railway
Website: Official Website
Read customer reviews of % Arabica Arashiyama on TripAdvisor
Kyoto Vacation Checklist
- Check Kyoto accommodation availability on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings to find the best deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads